Borough of Montvale
Welcome to the affordable housing program for the Borough of Montvale in Bergen County, New Jersey. Piazza & Associates, Inc. has been engaged by the Borough to coordinate the affordable housing opportunities on its behalf.
TO PURCHASE: Affordable homes in the purchase program are located in The Reserve, a new neighborhood, as well as the existing communities of Valley View and Summit Ridge. All of the existing sales units at Valley View and Summit Ridge are built, sold, and occupied. From time to time, they become available for resale.
- The Reserve: This community was recently completed K. Hovnanian Companies and includes six 2 and 3 bedroom homes for owner occupancy. All of the affordable homes at The Reserve have been sold and occupied. We are maintaining a waiting list for resales. Check the Purchase The Reserve option on the Preliminary Application if you would like to be placed on the waiting list for The Reserve. Subsequently, Final Applications will be mailed out, subject to family size and priority order. Click here for more information about The Reserve.
- Valley View: Included in this neighborhood are 26 owner-occupied affordable condominiums, including both 2 and 3 bedroom units. Check the Purchase Re-Sales option on the Preliminary Application if you would like to be placed on the waiting list. Your name will be placed on the waiting list to purchase a home in Valley View or Summit Ridge. The purchase price will be determined at the time of sale.
- Summit Ridge: This neighborhood includes 10 owner-occupied affordable condominiums. Please check the Purchase Re-Sales option if you want to be on this waiting list. Your name will be placed on the waiting list to purchase a home in Valley View or Summit Ridge. The purchase price will be determined at the time of sale. Minimum incomes will be determined by the ability of the purchaser to obtain financing for the home.
RESTRICTIONS: For all sales units, the maximum incomes are found on the table on the following page. Minimum incomes will be determined by the ability of the purchaser to obtain financing for the home. Neither Montvale nor Piazza & Associates provides financing. The actual terms and conditions of the purchase are negotiated with the seller or their Realtor.
TO RENT: Affordable rental opportunities are available at two different properties in the Borough of Montvale. For detailed information regarding floor plans for the apartments, a list of amenities, their community rules, application fees and credit requirements, we ask that you contact the properties, directly at the numbers below. To apply for affordable apartments at Nottingham Manor or Bear Brook Village, please check the appropriate box on the Preliminary Application.
1. The Alexa : The Alexa offers 18 one- two and three bedroom affordable apartments to income qualified applicants. Applicants must first qualify on the basis of gross annual income and are subject to a random selection.
Click Here to apply for The ALexa.
2. Bear Brook Village: Completed in 1999, Bear Brook Village is a condominium community that is primarily market-owner- occupied, but within that community, there are 5 affordable rental units. these include a selection of low- and moderate- income, 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments. To apply for an affordable rental condo, check "Bear Brook Village" on the Preliminary Application.
3. Nottingham Manor: This rental community includes 8 low- and moderate- income, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. For further information regarding these affordable rental units, please contact the leasing office at 201-968-4833. To apply for one of these rentals, check "Nottingham Manor" on the Preliminary Application.
RESTRICTIONS: In addition to the Maximum Gross
Limits, above, restrictions include minimum income, landlord’s tenant selection criteria for renters, and the ability to obtain financing for sales units.
APPLICATIONS: If you are interested in applying for an affordable home for purchase or rent in Montvale, please complete the Preliminary Application and fax (609-786-1105) or mail it directly to us:
Piazza & Associates, Inc.
216 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540.
Within approximately three weeks, you will receive a letter of determination regarding your eligibility. When an affordable home becomes available for you, we will contact you again for further information and documentation.
For information about the affordable housing program in Montvale, contact Piazza & Associates, at 609-786-1100 ext. 304, or email us at