The Township of Montclair has been in the forefront of maintaining and expanding its affordable housing inventory for many years. With approximately 600 affordable housing units, created through a variety of programs, the Township has engaged Piazza & Associates, Inc., to serve as the Administrative Agent for some of these great opportunities for low- and moderate- income renters and buyers.
Programs We Administer:
1. Valley & Bloom: A brand new residential rental community in the heart of Montclair, Valley & Bloom offers 26 one- two- and three- bedroom affordable apartments to income qualified applicants. Check “Valley & Bloom if you are interested in renting an affordable apartment. This is a new property, so a random selection will be held to determine the priority order of applicants.
2. 24 Elm Street: This is a 12-unit ownership project that is currently operated as a rental project with 2 affordable units. The affordable units include one low- and one moderate-income, two-bedroom units. The project was completed in 2007 and is administered by Piazza and Associates. If you are interested in renting one of the affordable units, please check the box marked, "General Rentals," on the Preliminary Application form.
3. Montclair Residences at Bay Street Station: This inclusionary project was built in 2009 and contains 146 market-rate units and 17 affordable units. The project is located at 11 Pine Street and Includes 9 one-bedroom and 8 two-bedroom rental units. This project is administered by Piazza and Associates. If you are interested in renting an apartment at Montclair Residences, please check the box marked, "General Rentals."
4. 192-194 Bloomfield Avenue: This project includes 11 market rate and 1 one-bedroom affordable rental unit. If you are interested, please check the box, marked, "General Rentals.
5. HOMECorp. Rentals: There is a variety of rental properties scattered throughout the municipality that are owned and operated by HOMECorp, a local non-profit corporation whose mission includes the development and operation of affordable housing. If you are interested in renting an apartment through HOMECorp, please check the box marked, "HOMECorp Rentals."
6. The Siena: This inclusionary project was built in 2008 at 48 Park Street. The project includes 91 market units and 10 affordable units, including 5 low- and 5 moderate-income sales units, distributed between 6 one-bedroom and 4 two-bedroom units. This project is administered by Piazza and Associates. If you are interested in purchasing a home at "The Siena," please check the box marked, "General Sales," on the Preliminary Application.
7. Bay Street Commons: This is an 11-unit townhouse development that includes one affordable one- bedroom unit. It is located at 69- 83 Bay Street. The affordable unit has not yet been built. If you are interested, please check the box, marked "General Sales."
If you are interested in applying to buy or rent an affordable home in Montclair, you can download an application by clicking on the Preliminary Application; e-mail us at Montclair@HousingQuest.com; or call us at 609-786-1100, then press 5 to request an application. If you leave a message by email or phone, please be sure to refer to "Montclair" and spell out your contact information for us.
Return your completed and signed application by fax (609-786-1105) or mail it directly to us, at:
Piazza & Associates, Inc.
216 Rockingham Row
Princeton Forrestal Village
Princeton, NJ 08540
We will process your application and send you a confirmation within three weeks. When an affordable home becomes available, we will contact a limited number of applicants who are on our list for the size and income category of the unit that will be available. A final application and documentation to verify identity and income will be required and processed at that time.
Note: Additional information about this program, such as income eligibility, will be included with the Preliminary Application form.